Pattersons Insurerbuild Pty Ltd (‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’) are concerned with the protection of your privacy and compliance with all relevant privacy legislation.
We place great emphasis on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients, employees, intermediaries and contractors. Our security measures in place attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
2. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion, whether true or not, which identifies you. When personal information concerns certain matters it is considered sensitive information. Sensitive information is information or an opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union
- sexual preferences or practices
- criminal record
- health or disability.
We will use reasonable endeavors to obtain consent from you before collecting sensitive information from you. We will only collect sensitive information from you if it is reasonably necessary for one of our functions and activities.
3. How we Collect Information
We receive and store information you enter on our website or are as provided to us directly in the general course of business. We may also collect information from another way from time to time including:
- being provided these information from your insurer for the purpose of providing our goods and services;
- a company for whom you work;
- in expressing your interest in having a career at Pattersons (eg by providing a resume);
- other organisations with whom you have any dealings;
- through this website from information supplied by you;
- by us engaging you to carry out consulting or reporting services;
- by providing the information through the Service Level Agreement; and
- by providing the information through our Trade App.
4. Type of Personal Information Collected
We may obtain basic information such as your name, phone number, address, and email address to enable us to send information and provide the goods or services for you. We only collect sensitive information with your consent.
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with our customer support or queries.
We may also collect personal information on or through this website that can personally identify you such as on our excess collection page.
Trades and consultants
In addition to the above, we may also collect other information about you, such as information about membership of an association, your qualifications and certification to carry out our functions and activities. By providing this information to us on our website, via our Service Level Agreement or another means, you will be deemed to have consented to this collection. We may also collect personal information such as location information from you from our Trade App. By logging into our Trade App and subscribing for this service, you are deemed to have consented to this collection.
If you apply for a job or work placement at Pattersons, you may need to provide us with your personal information and employment details. By providing us with a resume or a job application, you consent to our collection of this information.
5. Use of Information
We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of:
- providing our goods and services;
- considering the suitability of you or your company for the delivery of our goods and services;
- defending or commencing legal proceeding, or confidential dispute resolution;
- conducting surveys and questionnaires on the quality of our goods and services;
- assess your suitability for employment at Pattersons;
- improve our website and services;
- direct marketing material or updates regarding our website and information in the form of a newsletter. This will only apply if you have registered or subscribed to such publications by your registering your details with us. However if you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email or unsubscribing at any time and your request will be actioned as soon as possible.
Personal information are not used for any other purpose. We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information.
We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist in meeting customer needs generally.
Details are only supplied to a third party when it is required to be disclosed for the following reasons.
6. Disclosure of your Information
We may from time to time need to disclose your personal information to:
- our related body corporate for the purpose of supplying our goods and services and/ or analyse your feedback for us or identify ways to improve our services;
- third party suppliers and contractors for the purpose of supplying our goods and services;
- our clients for the purpose of supplying our goods and services;
- our consultants and contractors (including IT companies) for the purpose of developing our IT system to enhance the supply of our goods and services. In that regard, you agree that due to the volume of personal information held, it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain every individual’s consent to the collection, use or disclosure;
- comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request;
- external third parties for the purpose of defending or commencing legal proceeding, or confidential dispute resolution;
- protect the rights, property or safety of Pattersons, its customers or third parties or to locate a missing person or necessary to report illegal or unlawful behaviour;
- if there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), or a sale or transfer of its assets, customer information, which may include your personal information, could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality, or could be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
We will only disclose personal information to a third party that is relevant to the purpose of the disclosure above.
7. Disclosure Overseas
Pattersons stores its personal information on a database located in Australia. However, in some instances we may need to disclose your information to organisations located overseas. These entities are located in New Zealand.
The most common reason for us disclosing information overseas is to help provide you with our products and services (including for the purpose of contract and financial administration in relation to our products and services) or analyse your feedback for us or identify ways to improve our services.
For the most part, these service providers are related entities of us which performs a similar customer service function.
When we disclose your information to an organisation located overseas, we are required to take measures to ensure your information is treated in accordance with the standards that apply in Australia, except in rare cases (for example, where we are required by law to disclose your information overseas) or where we obtain your consent not to take these measures.
8. What if you do not wish to provide Personal Information
Unless required by law, you can choose not to provide personal information. You can also choose not to identify yourself when dealing with us.
However, if personal information is not provided or you do not identify yourself, we might not be able to effectively deal with you and/or provide you with our goods and services.
9. Storage and Security of your Information
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and periodically review our security measures in light of current technologies. We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your personal information while in our possession or control. We will not knowingly share any of your personal information with any third party other than stated above.
All information we receive is protected by our secure server. Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us or has been inadvertently provided to us through unauthorized or unfair means.
The obligation to destroy or de-identify does not apply to information that an organisation is legally obliged to retain. Any non-personal information, communications and material you provided to us, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
However, we will not be liable in any way for any breach of security or for the actions of unauthorised third parties that receive such information. Any information transmitted to us over the internet is done so at the risk of the person or organization transmitting the information. As a result, while we strive to use best efforts to protect user’s personal information, Pattersons cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. You are also responsible for keeping your password and account information confidential and we ask that you do not share this with anyone.
11. Access, Changes, Questions or Comments
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you or may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email or by telephone. We will be able to refuse access to your information for health risk, unlawful activity, frivolous or vexatious request. If access is refused, we will inform you of the reasons for the refusal and the complaints mechanism (per above). If access is granted, we are entitled to charge a reasonable access charge.
Table of Contents
- What is Personal Information
- How we Collect Information
- Type of Personal Information Collected
- Use of Information
- Disclosure of information
- Disclosure Overseas
- What if you do not wish to provide Personal Information
- Storage and Security of your Information
- Access, Changes, Questions or Comments